Fury? For PvP? LoL Wut?
Fury is for those who find Arms to be too face-smashingly easy and who want a bit more of a challenge. Or perhaps who just want to have some fun in the Battlegrounds and not have to switch between Arms or Protection and Fury. Also, see our Warrior PvP page for general PvP info, including arena tips, keybinding, etc.
Fury does plenty of damage, but doesn’t have the bleeds, control, or front end-damage of Arms. But it does plenty of damage and if Fury’s your game then go for it and LOL at the naysayers.
Also remember that dual wielding pvp greatswords adds just that much to your PvP stats.
In Mists of Pandaria, with the complete revision of the talent system, Fury is more viable as a PvP spec.
This page assume that your Warrior is at level 90. If you’re not there yet then use what you can. If you need to get to 90 ASAP then take a look at Dugi.
Other Warrior Guides
Fury Warrior PvP Build
Stats for the Fury Warrior
- Primary Stats: Strength and Resilience, the more or both the better.
- Ignore Int, Agility, and Spirit
- Secondary Stats:
- Hit to 3%, excess hit applies to white damage (auto-attacks) and still has some value.
- as much Crit and PvP Power as you can pile on.
- Try to get expertise to at least 3%.
- Weak: Haste and Mastery, excess Hit and Expertise.
Reforge weak stats to better ones. Once you have your Hit and Expertise reforge everything to Crit.
Gems for Fury
Gems with secondary stats, such as Crit or PvP power, have twice the value of the gems with the primary stats. 320 points Vs 160. If you can’t afford the gems then see our guide.
PvP Power is roughly equal to Str, point for point, but it’s value increases as your Str increases. So for a gemming strategy:
- Red: Bold Str gems
- Yellow: Use the Orange or Green gems
- Blue: Blue or purple gems.
|Meta||Reverberating Primal Diamond: +216 Str & Increased Crit Effect|
|Red||Bold Primordial Ruby: 160 Str|
|Yellow||Mystic Sun’s Radiance: 320 Resilience|
|Orange||Resplendent Vermilion Onyx: +80 str & +160 Resilience|
|Blue||Stormy River’s Heart: +320 PvP power|
|Green||Vivid Wild Jade: +160 Res, +160 PvP Power|
|Purple||Tense Imperial Amethyst (MoP:) +80 Str, +160 PvP Power|
|Prismatic||Bold Primordial Ruby: 160 Str|
|Cogwheel||Smooth Tinker’s Gear: 600 Crit - requires an engie helm, such as this.|
Fury PvP Enchants
Basically you should get your enchants based on the priorities above: Str and Crit. There are no higher level PvP Power enchants, the only decent Resilience enchant is for the chest.
Mists of Pandaria - Helm enchants are gone in M of P, shoulder enchants all come from the Inscription profession.
Short on gold? Most of the enchants below have similar enchants available, of lesser value, for less cash. We’ve linked to a couple of these. Check with the rep vendor or the Auction House for others. If you want to buy the best enchants, fund all of your alts, donate to the guild, etc., but don’t have the cash, then see what the Tycoon Addon can do about about fixing your poverty.
|Weapon||Enchant Weapon – Dancing Steel: Sometimes increases Str by 1,650.
Living Steel Weapon Chain: +200 Expertise and reduces disarm duration by 60%
|Shoulders||Secret Tiger Fang Inscription: +520 Str and +100 Crit, requires Inscription
Greater Tiger Fang Inscription: +200 Str and +100 Crit
|Cloak||Enchant Cloak – Superior Critical Strike: +180 Crit rating
Enchant Cloak – Accuracy: +180 Hit rating
|Chest||Enchant Chest – Glorious Stats: +80 to all Stats
Enchant Chest – Super Resilience: +200 Resilience
|Bracers||Enchant Bracer – Exceptional Strength: +170 Str
Socket Bracer: Requires Blacksmithing, self-only, pop in a nice gem.
|Gloves||Enchant Gloves – Super Strength: +170 Str
Socket Gloves: requires Blacksmithing, self-only, drop in a nice gem
|Belt||Livingsteel Belt Buckle: Sockets your belt, pop in the best gem.|
|Leggings||Angerhide Leg Armor: +285 Str & 185 Crit rating|
|Boots||Enchant Boots – Greater Precision: +175 Hit rating
Enchant Boots – Pandaren’s Step: +140 Mastery and Slight run speed increase.
|Rings||Enchant Ring – Greater Strength: +160 Str, Requires Enchanting 550|
Races for the Fury Warrior
As you know, any race can be a Warrior, including the Pandarens.
If you want to make a new Fury Warrior for use in PVP there are some things to consider. The following lists some specific racial abilities that will be helpful, but your skill and gear will count for more than any racial abilities. If you want to blast your new Warrior (or any alt.) to 90 ASAP then look into a step by step leveling guide.
Pandaren (requires Mists of Pandaria)
- Being Bouncy results in less falling damage, which has some situational, but nice, PvP use.
- Being a food lover results in your receiving greater benefits from food buffs.
- You can stun an melee-range opponent for 4 seconds. Very nice.
- Good with cooking
- Rest XP lasts twice as long as normal. Nice for faster leveling, but obviously not much use in PvP.
- You can choose either Horde or Alliance once you leave the starting area.
- Stoneform : Activate to gain immunity to poison, disease, and bleed (will also remove these types of debuffs); +10% damage reduction; Lasts 8 seconds. 3 minute cooldown.
- Ranged Expertise is useless to you.
- The other racials are to snooze over, as far as PvP or Fury is concerned.
- Gnome: Size and Escape Artist are the reasons that some say the Gnome is the best of the Alliance PvP races.
- Escape Artist : Escape the effects of any movement speed reduction effect. Instant cast. 1 min, 45 sec cooldown.
- Expertise with small swords is useful, assuming the swords are your best weapons (and they won’t be if you’re using Titan’s Grip.)
- A Gnome’s small size is useful as it makes it hard on people who use the mouse to target their opponents.
- Human: The Human Every Man skill makes Humans a good PvP choice, since you can now have two DPS trinkets.
- Every Man for Himself : Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character. This is very useful. It also allows Warrior to use two DPS trinkets in PvP.
- Mace & Sword expertise is nice if those are the weapons you’re using.
- Night Elf:
- Shadowmeld : Activate to slip into the shadows, reducing the chance for enemies to detect your presence. Lasts until cancelled or upon moving. Very situational in the Arena, but has its uses elsewhere when a rest is necessary or you’re able to set up an ambush from the shadows. Can also be used to interrupt spells if your timing is just right. Melding as the spell is on its way breaks the spell.
- Quickness : Reduces the chance that melee and ranged attackers will hit you by 2%. This is more useful for tanking than PvP, but every little bit of defense helps.
- A personal heal is always useful for a class with none.
- +1 to hit makes end-game gear itemization a bit easier.
- Their Sprint-like ability has it’s uses.
- +1% crit is a general DPS increase, so is always welcome.
- Will of the Forsaken removes any Charm, Fear, or Sleep effect. This is the one useful PvP ability for the Undead, but it’s a nice one.
- Touch of the Grave drains life and heals you for the same amount. This replaces the Underwater Breathing ability.
- Cannibalism regenerate health and is a nice slap in the face to a defeated opponent.
- Blood Elf:
- Arcane Torrent is a very useful area silence and interrupt and restores some Rage.
- Enchanting is a nice skill for the +40 Str (+160 in MoP) ring enchants
- Rocket jump is almost another Charge. Also a good escape to reset your charge range.
- 1% Increased Haste is useful.
- Short size makes it a bit harder on clickers.
Fury Warrior Tradeskills
All of the tradeskills offer some “self-only” benefit (which will be much higher in Mists of Pandaria) in addition to whatever useful items or toys they create. As you may know it’s very expensive to level these skills, so see our gold pages if you need help with the cash flow.
With secondary stat gems having twice the value of primary stat gems (160 Str Vs 320 PvP Power, for instance) you might note that Blacksmithing, with it’s two gems slots, becomes the best of the professions for stats.
|Blacksmithing||gives two extra gems slots. Since gems with secondary stats have twice the value of gems with primary stats Blacksmithing might be a very valuable profession. For example, you’ll be able to socket he two gems for 640 PvP Power instead of 320 Str. You can create keys, sharpening stones, useful gear (such as your stater PvP gear,) and cool looking gear for Transmogrification.|
|Engineering||has lots of interesting toys, some of which have situational use, and Synapse Springs, which increases Str by 1940 for a short time. If you take this use a macro to activate it along with other short term buffs.|
|Jewelcrafting||Make nicer gems for your own use.|
|Inscription||Shoulder enchant adds 520 Int and 100 crit. Make all your own glyphs and make staves for your caster alts/buddies.|
|Alchemy||More effect from your own potions. Adds 320 Str and an extra hour to your main flask. Put a few potions of healing, Strength, Rage, Crit, etc. on your bars. You get better effect from your own potions than the other guy does.|
|Enchanting||Enchant both rings, for a total +320 Str gain.|
|Tailoring||Cloak enchant sometimes adds 4k AP for 15 seconds.|
|Leatherworking||Bracer enchant adds 500 Str.|
|Skinning||provides 480 crit rating|
|Herbalism||Small heal and 2880 Haste for 20 seconds|
Leveling Your Arms Warrior Even Faster
Ok, you’re not yet high enough level to raid or do the Arenas. Maybe you’re even level 1. Have a plan to hit the level cap ASAP and get into that yummy end-game content? Or will you just aimlesslay wander about the world, trying to decide where to go next? To make your job a lot easier you should consider an expert leveling guide for your 1-90 blast. With the guide you will never again wonder about where to go or what to do and your leveling will be faster, much faster.
Dugi’s nearly automates the whole leveling path, from start to finish, for your Warrior (or any other class. ) Carve your way through the world and the content at a surprisingly crisp pace. Pick your starting point and the guide automatically updates and advances as you complete quests, sets a waypoint arrow automatically, and includes the important quest info.
Take a break to do some PvP leveling, instances, or whatever and when you come back to the guide it will figure out what level you are and pick up from there. Automatically. It doesn’t matter if you’re brand new to WoW or you’re decked out in Heirlooms and using Recruit a Friend, Dugi will get you to the level cap faster. Click here now to grab your own copy and get to 90 fast.