Updated for Cataclysm 4.3, with Mists of Pandaria gems. See the individual spec pages for build details, enchants, etc.
Priest PvP Builds
All Priests will Gem for pretty much the same thing: Int. Int provides the most “bang for the gold piece” of any stat. Gemming for other stats (EG: Resilience) is an option, depending on your spec and situation.
A bunch of gems are shown here, but a good rule of thumb is that unless a socket bonus offers intellect, it’s generally more effective to gem for pure intellect and ignore the socket bonus.
Note that Mists of Pandaria (MoP) gems will have much higher values than those below. Replace your gems with comparable MoP gems as soon as they become available.
- Smooth Serpent’s Eye (MoP:) +480 Crit, Self-Only Jewelcrafting 550
- Smooth Sunstone (MoP:) +240 Crit
- Smooth Chimera’s Eye: +67 Crit
- Smooth Lightstone: +50 Crit
- Smooth Amberjewel: +40 Crit
- Quick Serpent’s Eye (MoP:) +480 Haste, Requires Jewelcrafting 550
- Quick Sunstone (MoP:) +240 Haste
- Quick Chimera’s Eye: +67 Haste, Requires Jewelcrafting 500
- Quick Lightstone: +50 Haste
- Quick Amberjewel: +40 Haste
- Fractured Serpent’s Eye (Mop:) 480 Mastery, self-only, Requires Jewelcrafting 550
- Fractured Sunstone (Mop:) +240 Mastery
- Fractured Chimera’s Eye: 67 Mastery, Requires Jewelcrafting 500
- Fractured Lightstone: +50 Mastery
- Fractured Amberjewel:+40 Mastery
- Mystic Sunstone (MoP): +240 Resilience
- Mystic Chimera’s Eye: +50 Resilience
- Mystic Lightstone: +40 Resilience
- Purple: Matches red or blue sockets
- Orange: Matches a Red or Yellow socket
- Reckless Sardonyx (MoP:) 100 Int & 200 Haste
- Reckless Vermilion Onyx (MoP:) 80 Int & 160 Haste
- Reckless Tiger Opal (MoP:) 60 Int & 120 Haste
- Reckless Lava Coral: 25 Int & 25 Haste
- Reckless Ember Topaz: 20 Int & 20 Haste
- Artful Sardonyx (MoP:) +100 Int & +200 Mastery
- Artful Vermilion Onyx (MoP:) +80 Int & +160 Mastery
- Artful Tiger Opal (MoP:) +60 Int & +120 Mastery
- Artful Lava Coral: +25 Int & +25 Mastery
- Artful Ember Topaz: +20 Int & +20 Mastery
- Potent Sardonyx (MoP:) +100 Int & +200 Crit
- Potent Vermilion Onyx (MoP:) +80 Int & +160 Crit
- Potent Tiger Opal (MoP:) +60 Int & +120 Crit
- Potent Lava Coral: +25 Int & +25 Crit
- Potent Ember Topaz: +20 Int & +20 Crit
- Cogwheel: Cogwheels are loaded into sockets on Engie items, such as: Reinforced Bio-Optic Killshades and require you to maintain a 525 Engineeringskill.
Int enchants are common to all priests, but Discipline will want to enchant for Spirit and Mastery, while Shadow will want Haste and Mastery.
Both will probably be interested in the Spell Penetration cloak enchant. See the individual spec pages for details.