January 31, 2012 in 4.3 Patch
Patch 4.32 is mostly bug fixes and tweaks, but they did add a nice change in that you can now team with your Real ID friends (if you have any) for Raids (Raid Finder only) and BattleGrounds.
This does not apply to Dragon Soul raids or, I assume, Rated Battlegrounds. I’m sure that I will be corrected soon enough if that last is wrong.
The patch notes for 4.32 live aren’t up as of this writing, but you can find them on the PTR (Public Test Realm) page. More complete notes will likely make it to the live page soon.
Here are some of the tweaks.
Complete PTR patch notes can be found here:
Tanks: Vengeance is no longer triggered by receiving damage from other players. This is quite the PvP nerf. My Blood DK is crying.
Hunters: They got a bit of love with this patch
- Aspect of the Hawk now grants roughly 35% more attack power.
- Deterrence now also reduces damage taken by 30% while active.
- Black Arrow now ticks every 2 seconds for 20 seconds, as opposed to every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. The total damage dealt by the ability is unchanged.
- Lock and Load no longer benefits Arcane Shot, nor is it consumed by Arcane Shot.
Mages: Guess Bliz thought Fire Mages were too hot…
- Fireball damage has been reduced by roughly 6%.
- Pyroblast damage has been reduced by roughly 6%.
- Holy Radiance now costs 40% of base mana, up from 35%.
- Mass Dispel should again prefer dispelling targets that have magic effects that can be dispelled.
- Adrenaline Rush no longer triggers a global cooldown.
Dungeons & Raids
- You can now form same-faction raids with Real ID friends, allowing you to enter Raid Finder in groups larger than 5, run older normal or heroic raids, or participate in Battlegrounds. You will not yet be able to run normal or heroic Dragon Soul with cross-realm raids of Real ID friends.
- Several typo fixes and clarified descriptions have been added to the Dungeon Journal entries for Dragon Soul.
- Players can no longer win multiple copies of the same item on a single Raid Finder boss kill. For example, a player who chooses Need on two set piece tokens or two weapons and wins the first, will not be eligible for the second on that particular boss.