contact

A World of Warcraft Guide
(GotWarcraft home)

GW Gold Guide

Guide Reviews
Tools and Gifts
Newsletter

GotWarcraft Blog

Real World WoW Cooking


Death Knight
- DK Leveling
- Blood Tanking
- Frost DPS
- Unholy DPS
- PvP Builds

Druid
- Druid Leveling
- Balance DPS
- Feral Druid
- Feral DPS
- Feral Tank
- Restoration Druid
- Restoration Healing
- PvP Builds

Hunter
- Hunter Leveling
- Beast Mastery
- Beast Mastery PvE
- Marksmanship
- Marksmanship PvE
- Survival
- Survival PvE
- PvP Builds

Mage
- Mage Leveling
- Arcane Mage
- Arcane DPS
- Fire Mage
- Fire DPS
- Frost Mage
- Frost DPS
- PvP Builds

Paladin
- Paladin Leveling
- Holy Paladin
- Holy Healing spec
- Protection Paladin
- Protection Tanking
- Retribution Paladin
- Retribution DPS
- PvP Builds

Priest
- Priest Leveling
- Discipline Priest
- Discipline Healing
- Holy Healing
- Shadow Priest
- Shadow DPS
- PvP Builds

Rogue
- Rogue Leveling
- Assassination Rogue
- Assassination DPS
- Combat Rogue
- Combat DPS
- Subtlety Rogue
- Subtlety DPS
- PvP Builds

Shaman
- Shaman Leveling
- Elemental Shaman
- Elemental DPS
- Enhancement
- Enhancement DPS
- Restoration Shaman
- Restoration Healing
- PvP Builds


Warlock
- Warlock Leveling
- Affliction Warlock
- Affliction DPS
- Demonlogy Warlock
- Demonology DPS
- Destruction Warlock
- Destruction DPS
- PvP Builds

Warrior
- Warrior Leveling
- Arms Warrior
- Arms DPS
- Fury Warrior
- Fury DPS
- Protection Warrior
- Protection Tanking
- PvP Builds



Priest PVP Specs

We have updated (for patch 4.3) and moved our Priest PvP guides.

We're moving our Priestly PvP (and all) guides to a Wordpress format
and you will find those updated guides here:

See below for a shadow build. It's current for 4.3, but any other updates will be to the above pages and not this page.

For a much more detailed guide to Priests in general, including Priest PVP , that includes: Talent Builds, Tactics, Suggested Gear, and more, chek out the Killer Guides Priest Guide. It also includes info on making money and the best way to level up a new Priest.

Other GotWarcraft Priest guides:

All are current unless otherwise noted:

 

 

Shadow PVP Spec

9/0/32

Shadow (32 Points)

Darkness - Rank 3/3
Spell haste increased by 3%.

Improved Shadow Word: Pain - Rank 2/2
Increases the damage of your Shadow Word: Pain spell by 6%.

Veiled Shadows - Rank 2/2
Decreases the cooldown of your Fade ability by 6 sec, and reduces the cooldown of your Shadowfiend ability by 60 sec.

Improved Psychic Scream - Rank 2/2
Reduces the cooldown of your Psychic Scream spell by 4 sec.

Improved Devouring Plague - Rank 2/2
Your Devouring Plague instantly deals damage equal to 30% of its total periodic effect.

Twisted Faith - Rank 2/2
Increases your shadow spell damage by 2%, and grants you spell hit rating equal to 100% of any Spirit gained from items or effects.

Shadowform - Rank 1/1
Assume a Shadowform, increasing your Shadow damage by 15%, reducing all damage done to you by 15%, and increasing all party and raid members spell haste by 5%. However, you may not cast Holy spells while in this form.

Harnessed Shadows - Rank 2/2
Increases the chance for you to gain a Shadow Orb when dealing damage with your Mind Flay and Shadow Word: Pain by 8%, and you have a 100% chance to gain a Shadow Orb when critically hit by any attack.

Silence - Rank 1/1
Silences the target, preventing them from casting spells for 5 sec. Non-player victim spellcasting is also interrupted for 3 sec.

Vampiric Embrace - Rank 1/1
Fills you with the embrace of Shadow energy, causing you to be healed for 6% and other party members to be healed for 3% of any single-target Shadow spell damage you deal for 30 min.

Masochism - Rank 2/2
When you take a damaging attack equal to or greater than 10% of your total health or damage yourself with your Shadow Word: Death, you instantly gain 10% of your total mana.

Mind Melt - Rank 2/2
Increases the damage done with your Shadow Word: Death by 30% on targets at or below 25% health, and when you deal damage with Mind Spike, the cast time of your next Mind Blast is reduced by 50% lasting 6 sec. Mind Melt can stack up to 2 times.

Pain and Suffering - Rank 2/2
Your Mind Flay has a 60% chance to refresh the duration of your Shadow Word: Pain on the target, and reduces the damage you take from your own Shadow Word: Death by 40%.

Vampiric Touch - Rank 1/1
Causes 540 Shadow damage over 15 sec to your target and causes up to 10 party or raid members to gain 1% of their maximum mana per 10 sec when you deal damage from Mind Blast.

Psychic Horror - Rank 1/1
You terrify the target, causing them to tremble in horror for 3 sec and drop their main hand and ranged weapons for 10 sec.

Sin and Punishment - Rank 2/2
When your Vampiric Touch is dispelled, the dispeller and all nearby enemy targets within 10 yards have a 100% chance to be instantly feared in horror for 3 sec.

When your Mind Flay critically hits, the cooldown of your Shadowfiend is reduced by 10 sec.

Shadowy Apparition - Rank 3/3
When you deal periodic damage with your Shadow Word: Pain, you have a 12% chance to summon a shadow version of yourself which will slowly move towards a target which is afflicted by your Shadow Word: Pain. Once reaching the target, it will instantly deal 485 shadow damage.

While moving, the chance to summon the shadowy apparation is increased to 60%. You can have up to 4 Shadowy Apparitions active at a time.

Dispersion - Rank 1/1
You disperse into pure Shadow energy, reducing all damage taken by 90%. You are unable to attack or cast spells, but you regenerate 6% mana every 1 sec for 6 sec.

Dispersion can be cast while stunned, feared or silenced and clears all snare and movement impairing effects when cast, and makes you immune to them while dispersed.

 

Discipline (9 Points)

Twin Disciplines - Rank 3/3
Increases your Shadow and Holy spell damage and healing by 6%.

Mental Agility - Rank 3/3
Reduces the mana cost of your instant cast spells by 10%.

Evangelism - Rank 2/2
You have a 100% chance when you Smite and a 100% chance when you Mind Flay to gain Evangelism. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts for 20 sec.

Evangelism (Smite)
Increasing the damage done by your Smite, Holy Fire, and Penance spells by 4% and reduces the mana cost of those spells by 6%.

Dark Evangelism (Mind Flay)
Increases the damage done by your Periodic Shadow spells by 2%.

Archangel - Rank 1/1
Consumes your Evangelism effects, causing an effect depending what type of Evangelism effect is consumed:

Archangel (Evangelism)
Instantly restores 1% of your total mana and increases your healing done by 3% for each stack. Lasts for 18 sec. 30 sec cooldown.

Dark Archangel (Dark Evangelism)
Instantly restores 5% of your total mana and increases the damage done by your Mind Flay, Mind Spike, Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death 4% for each stack. Lasts for 18 sec. 90 sec cooldown.

 

Glyphs

Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain (Prime Glyph)
Increases the periodic damage of your Shadow Word: Pain by 10%.

Glyph of Shadow Word: Death (Prime Glyph)
If your Shadow Word: Death fails to kill the target at or below 25% health, your Shadow Word: Death's cooldown is instantly reset. This effect cannot occur more often than once every 6 sec.

Glyph of Mind Flay (Prime Glyph)
Increases the damage done by your Mind Flay spell by 10% when your target is afflicted with Shadow Word: Pain.

Glyph of Psychic Horror (Major Glyph)
Reduces the cooldown of your Psychic Horror by 60 sec.

Glyph of Spirit Tap (Major Glyph)
When you kill a target with your Shadow Word: Death and yield experience or honor, you instantly receive 12% of your total mana over 12 sec.

Glyph of Psychic Scream (Major Glyph)
Targets of your Psychic Scream spell now tremble in place instead of fleeing in fear, but the cooldown of Psychic Scream is increased by 3 sec.

Glyph of Levitate (Minor Glyph)
Your Levitate spell no longer requires a reagent.

Glyph of Shadowfiend (Minor Glyph)
Receive 5% of your maximum mana if your Shadowfiend dies from damage.

Glyph of Fortitude (Minor Glyph)
Reduces the mana cost of your Power Word: Fortitude spell by 50%.


Get the Gotwarcraft Newsletter
 
Email:
 
Name:
 
 
Custom Search


Main Profession

Gathering Professions

Secondary Professions

Cataclysm Heroics

Outlands Dungeons

Azeroth Dungeons

Resources

Favorite Guides:

Our WoW Sites

Friends

Site Info