Warrior – Fury spec Talent Build for WoW 4.3
- Click here to see the Titan’s Grip (TG) build
- Single-Minded Fury (SMF) is the same build, using SMF instead of TG.
- Here is our longer Fury Warrior Guide
Glyphs come in three varieties, Prime, Major and Minor. Once you learn any glyph it’s yours permanently. This allows you to eventually accumulate all the glyphs for your class and them swap them in and out depending on the situation.
Optimal glyphs are easily the best all-around choice, recommended are best in most cases.
Fury Prime Glyphs:
- Raging Blow – Optimal
- Bloodthirst – Optimal
- Slam – Optimal
Fury Major Glyphs:
- Death Wish – Recommended
- Colossus Smash – Recommended
- Cleaving – AoE
- Heroic Throw
Fury Minor Glyphs:
- Berserker Rage – Optimal
- Battle Shout – Recommended
- Bloody Healing – Recommended
Fury Rotation for single targets:
Here are your highest priority abilities.
- Bloodthirst – On Cooldown
- Colossus Smash – On Cooldown
- Raging Blow – On Cooldown
- Slam – With Bloodsurge
- Heroic Strike – With Excess Rage
- Execute – When target is at 20% health or below, only until you reach 5 stacks of Executioner
Bloodthirst is used whenever possible, meaning you’ll be fitting in other abilities around your use of Bloodthirst for optimal damage output. Colossus Smash is your first priority followed by either Slam when Bloodsurge procs if you’re SMF or Raging Blow if you’re TG.
- Whirlwind – On Cooldown
- Cleave – Replaces Heroic Strike
- Inner Rage – On Cooldown
When dealing with multiple mob situations you’ll want to use whirlwind as much as possible while otherwise continuing with a regular single-target Bloodthirst rotation aside from using Cleave as much as possible as well as popping Inner Rage when it’s available.
- Death Wish
- Berserker Rage
- Battle Shout
- Inner Rage
Fury Stat Priorities:
- Titan’s Grip: Strength > 8% Melee Hit > (26) Expertise > Critical > Hit > Mastery > Haste
- Single-Minded Fury: Strength > 8% Melee Hit > (26) Expertise > Critical > Hit > Haste > Mastery
Note that they are both nearly the same, and that Haste and Mastery are the weakest stats for both.
- Strength increases your attack power, parry, and a bit of crit. It’s your most important stat.
- 8% Hit rating makes it so that your special abilities will no longer miss on bosses. Additional hit rating means that more of your melee strikes (white damage) will hit, though this additional hit is less valuable than Expertise or Crit.
- Expertise reduces the chance for an enemy to dodge or parry your attacks. An expertise rating of 26 means that your attacks will no longer be dodged when you are behind your target.
- Critical Strike rating increases your chance to critically hit with attacks.
- Fury Warrior Mastery increases the benefit of abilities that cause or require you to be enraged, such as Raging Blow, the healing effect of Enraged Regeneration, the damage bonus of Enrage and Death Wish, and the rage obtained when using Berserker Rage. Mastery is favored over Haste by Titan’s Grip builds, but is still a weak stat.
- Haste rating increases attack speed and reduces the Global Cooldown (GCD). Haste is favored over mastery by Single-Minded Fury builds, but is still a weak stat for you.
When reforging gear, it’s important that you look to reforge from your least effective stat into the most effective for whatever gear goal you are currently aiming for.
8% Hit > Expertise (26) > Critical > Hit above
Reforge Haste and Mastery into these stats.
- First check that you have 8% melee hit, and if not, reforge until you reach it.
- Once you’ve reached the 8% melee hit cap, reforge until you reach the expertise cap.
- When you’re both Hit and Expertise capped you can optimize your gear by reforging the weakest stat on each piece into the strongest possible stat, preferably critical strike chance and additional Hit rating.
- Red – Bold Queen’s Garnet/Bold Inferno Ruby
- Blue – Etched Shadow Spinel/Etched Demonseye
- Yellow – Inscribed Lava Coral/Inscribed Ember Topaz
- Meta – Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond
Unless a socket bonus offers Strength, it’s more effective to gem for pure Strength and ignore the bonus.
The epic Cata gems are pricey. It’s not a big DPS loss to drop down one step and save a lot of gold.
- All weapons:
- Main Hand, off hand, 2-hand: Landslide
- Helm: Arcanum of the Wildhammer/Arcanum of the Dragonmaw
- Shoulders: Greater Inscription of Jagged Stone
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak – Greater Critical Strike
- Chest: Enchant Chest – Peerless Stats
- Bracers: Enchant Bracer – Major Strength
- Gloves: Enchant Gloves – Mighty Strength
- Belt: Ebonsteel Belt Buckle
- Leggings: Dragonscale Leg Armor
- Boots: Enchant Boots – Lavawalker
Fury Warrior DPS Build
Our class guides for whichever class you’re playing:
- Death Knights – Druid – Hunter – Mage – Paladin
- Priest – Rogue – Shaman – Warlock – Warrior
- The GotWarcraft Gold Guide
- Cataclysm Heroic Guides
Like this page? How about recommending it?