This page has moved
Follow these links for the pages that you’re looking for:
Here are a few of the most popular and useful Rouge PVP specs at the moment.
|For a much more detailed guide to Rogue PVP that includes: Talent Builds, Tactics, Suggested Gear, and more, chek out the Killer Guides Rogue Guide. It also includes info on making money and the best way to level up a new Rogue.|
Assassination Rogue PVP Guide
Subtlety Rogue PVP Guide
1 – Know how to re-stealth
- blind, move away, and wait to leave combat
- gouge/kidney shot your oppenent and run out
- get your oppenent crippled and sprint away
- Note: When running away (to re-stealth) it helps if you can break “line of sight” with a convenient building or object.
2 – Don’t blow all your energy
If you sit on a person and spam your main strike, you won’t have enough energy for legitamite burst.
- for example, get 5 combo points, wait for full energy, then KS (Kidney Shot) and you will be able to, assuming you are Assassination, mutiliate twice then eviserate/envenom.
- It’s more efficient burst than if you were to KS with 25 energy and maybe get 1 mutilate and some auto attacks in.
- Burst: When you do a lot of damage in a short period of time. This usually involves getting back into stealth again multiple times to get max damage possible.
- Control: When you use all CC (Crowd Control) methods available to control an opponent and take them out of the game, so to speak. This means you have to always leave enough energy to gouge and be ready to kick the right school magic. Also blinding into a sap can be a game breaker when speaking in terms of arena.
- Defensive: A rogue who needs to be”defensive” would simply try and avoid as much damage as possible. This would include moves like evasion, vanish, blind, dismantle, gouge, and trying to re-stealth.
Like a Warrior – if you have a pocket healer then you will lay waste. Without one you will have to be somewhat careful about picking and choosing.
Otherwise, obviously, the best pvp build depends on who’s in your team, if you have one, and who the other guy is.
Healing – have Recuperate up at all times. It will greatly increase your longevity.
- Sub Rogues with HAT, running in groups (BGs) will often have 5 CPs to put into Recup, even before the fight starts. (You should always have an opponent targeted, even if not fighting.) The Energetic Recovery also restores energy. In addition, they can take the Combat Talent Improved Recuperate.
- Combat Rogues have a small damage reduction with their Improved Recuperate talent.
- Assassination Rogues will need to grab the Combat talent.