Updated 10/7/14 for talent changes.
In addition to the level 100 talents there are also some changes to some of the earlier talents for various specs, such as the Death Knight losing Roiling Blood (and replaced by Plaguebearer.) The bigger changes will be covered on this page, minor changes will be dealt with elsewhere.
Keep in mind that these are proposed changes. This is all still very early, so take all of these descriptions with a grain of salt. Release is supposed to be “on or before” Dec 20, 2014 officially 11/13/14, so there’s plenty of time for adjustments. There will be a number of other talent changes, but those are not covered here, just the level 100 talents and major changes (such as new lower level talents.) Changes to abilities, the new Perks, Glyphs, and so on will be covered in other posts. (By the way, getting to level 90 or 100 will be easy, just use Zygor and get there fast.)
Numbers aren’t posted here, for most talents, as they’re likely to be different when they go live. As of now it looks like the squish is definite, which will take a bit of getting used to when it goes live.
Note that a number of the available talents will be different depending on your spec. For example, each spec of Mage has access to a different mage bomb. No more Frost Mages casting Living bomb, now they only get Frost Bomb.
Scroll down to find your class. Again, these will all change, maybe by a lot, before they go live. Also see our other post on the subject: WoW 6: Warlords of Draenor. Note that all the tooltips (hover over the links) are for Warlords info, so will very likely vary from the Mists counterparts.
Skip to: Death Knight — Druid — Hunter — Mage — Monk — Paladin — Priest — Rogue — Shaman — Warlock — Warrior
All DKs have access to the same talents, they do not vary with your spec. Also see our post on the other Death Knight Changes for Warlords of Draenor.
- Level 15: Roiling blood (and Blood Boil) has been removed and is replaced with Plaguebearer. Your Death Coil and Frost Strike abilities will both infect the target with Frost Fever and Blood Plague.
- Level 60 and 75 tiers have been swapped, to allow leveling DKs earlier access to rune regen abilities.
Each spec of Death Knight has access to the same talents.
- Necrotic Plague replaces Blood Plague and Frost Fever and infects the target with a disease that does damage over the next 30 seconds and every time it ticks it tries to infect another nearby target. (Q: Can it re-infect a target?) It is applied by anything that applies the regular diseases. You also gain Runic Power when attacked by N. Plague infected opponents.
- Defile looks like the Lich King ability. It defiles the area and increases in both area and damage (every time it does damage) over the next ten seconds. Enemies standing in the defile do less damage to you. Replaces Death and Decay.
- Breath of Sindragosa uses your Runic Power to continually deal Shadowfrost damage to the enemies in a cone in front of you. It lasts until you either run out of Runic Power or you cancel it. It also applies Mark of Sindragosa, which will heal you for 5% of the spell damage dealt by afflicted enemies.
Each of these talents has varying effects depending on your spec. Also see our post on all of the WoD Druid Changes.
- Balance – “Euphoria: “You feel a deeper connection to the stars, reducing your Balance Energy cycle time. Additionally, your Lunar and Solar Empowerments also reduce the cast time of the affected spells by 20%.
- Feral – “Lunar Inspiration: ”Moonfire is now usable while in Cat form, adds 1 combo point and costs 30 energy.
- Guardian – “Guardian of Elune: ”Your Savage Defense now lasts 4 seconds and increases your chance to dodge by 100%.
- Restoration – “Moment of Clarity: ”Omen of Clarity now lasts 5 seconds, instead of one cast. Sounds pretty nice.
- Balance – “Stellar Flare:” A powerful spell which benefits from both Lunar and Solar Eclipses, dealing the most damage when they are balanced. Burns the target for Spellstorm damage, and then additional damage spread over 20 sec.
- Feral – “Bloodtalons:” Casting Healing Touch causes your next two melee abilities to deal 30% additional damage. I can see this being of some interest…
- Guardian – “Pulverize:” Smash the target using three stacks of Lacerate to deal extra damage and reduce incoming damage by 15% for 12 seconds.
- Restoration – “Germination:” You can apply two rejuvenations to the same target and the duration is increased by 3 seconds. Tanks and PvP allies, and anyone else you’re healing, will love you.
- Balance – “Balance of Power:” You align to the power of the Moon and Stars so your direct damage spells reenergize your damage over time effects. Your Starfires extend the duration of Moonfire by 6 sec and your Wraths extend the duration of Sunfire by 4 sec. In addition it also increases the damage over time of your Moonfire and Sunfire by 10%.
- Feral – Claws of Shirvallah: shapeshift into a creature half man and half cat. This alternate Cat Form allows the use of all non-damaging Druid spells while shapeshifted, and increases Versatility by 5%.
- Guardian – “Bristling Fur:” this 3 seconds effect, 1 min cooldown, reduces all damage by 40%.
- Restoration – “Rampant Growth:” Your Swiftmend now consumes your own Rejuvenation or Regrowth, but has no cooldown.
Get your Druid leveled from 90 to 100 (or from 1 to 100) fast. Click here.
Also see our Hunter Changes in Warlords of Draenor post.
Level 45 Talents:
- Aspect of the Iron Hawk has been renamed to Iron Hawk, and now passively provides 10% damage reduction and no longer boosts Attack Power.
Level 75 Talents:
- Stampede is now a level-75 talent, replacing Lynx Rush.
- Lynx Rush is now dead.
Level 100 Hunter Talents:
- The column 1 talent is: Exotic Munitions. This is for all Hunter spec. You can change ammo types, each change lasts an hour.
- Column 2: Focusing Shot – allows you to carefully line up your perfect shot for 100% wpn damage and generates 50 focus. It also replaces Steady Shot and Cobra Shot. Despite what the tooltip (hover over the link) says this talent is for all Hunter specs.
- The 3rd talent varies by spec:
- Beast Mastery gets Adaptation: Your pet gets increased damage and also gets several abilities, regardless of its active spec: Spiked Collar, Roar of Sacrifice, Cornered, Last Stand, Blood of the Rhino, Great Stamina, Boar’s Speed.
- Marksmanship and Survival get “Lone Wolf”: All of your damage is increased by 30% when you don’t have a pet active and you can provide one of several benefits to your party or raid. This might be fun to play with. You’ll become more of a Ranger than a Hunter and no longer have to concern yourself with pet issues. That might be very handy in certain PvP games, where the pet is often CCed or otherwise unavailable.
Only the talents that are new or have been replaced are shown here. See our Mage Changes in WoD post for all of the coming changes to talents and abilities.
- Presence of mind is replaced by Evanesce and POM becomes a level 22 Arcane only ability. Evanesce lets you “fade into the nether” for three seconds, avoiding all attacks. It replaces Ice Block and can be cast while casting a “cast time” spell. 45 sec cooldown.
- Alter Time is now a level-30 Talent, replacing Temporal Shield. Alter Time now lasts for 15 seconds (up from 6 seconds), has a 90-second cooldown (down from 3 minutes), and no longer affects the Mage’s mana, buffs, or debuffs.
Level 75, first talent:
- The Bomb: Nether Tempest, Living Bomb, and Frost Bomb are all still talents, but they are now only available to Arcane, Fire, and Frost respectively. No more Fire Mages throwing Frost Bombs. All the bombs last 12 seconds. So the first lever 75 talents are:
- Arcane – Nether Tempest can now only be on 1 target at a time (down from unlimited), but its secondary damage now hits all targets in range (up from only 1), deals 100% of the primary damage (up from 50%), and its damage can now be increased by Arcane Charges.
- Fire – Living Bomb: Basically the same as it is in Mists. The target burns and then explodes when the timer runs out. Still spread by Inferno Blast. More of the damage has been moved to the explosion.
- Frost – Frost Bomb: Your Ice Lances that hit the target while frozen cause the bomb to damage the target and damage all enemies within 10 yards. It now lasts 12 seconds and has no cooldown. Damage has been reduced to compensate for the larger number of possible explosions.
- Level 75, 2nd talent, Unstable Magic is a new Talent availalbe to all specs. Your Arcane Blast, Firebolt, and Frostbolt all have a chance to explode on impact, doing more damage to the target and also damaging nearby targets.
- Level 75: 3rd talent – The next talent replaces Frost Nova. Target an enemy or ally as the center of the effect and an energy wave does damage to all targets in the area and 100% additional damage if the main target in an enemy. Each spec gets a different effect that adds to this:
- Supernova (Arcane:) Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them into the air. If the primary target is an enemy, they take 100% increased damage.
- Blast Wave (Fire): Cause an explosion of fiery force around the target enemy or ally, dealing Fire damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and dazing them, reducing their movement speed by 70% for 4 seconds. If the primary target is an enemy, they take 100% increased damage.
- Ice Nova (Frost:)) Cause a whirl of icy wind around the target enemy or ally, dealing Frost damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and freezing them for 4 seconds. If the primary target is an enemy, they take 100% increased damage.
- Incanter’s Ward and Invocation are replaced and dead. They are replaced, for all Mage specs, by:
- Mirror Image. Yes, that Mirror Image. It’s now a lev 90 talent.
- Incanter’s Flow: This looks interesting (and it replaces Incanter’s Ward.) You now have a ten second cycle. In 5 seconds you will have 25% more power (5% per second) and then it drops back at the same rate, so in ten seconds you’re back to “normal.” Then it repeats. At 5, 15, 25, etc. seconds you will be at max power. 10, 20, 30, etc. you will be back to normal. As soon as this looks even close to final I expect an addon to be tracking this.
- The first talent extends certain spells.
- Arcane – “Overpowered:” Casting your Arcane Missiles extends your Arcane Power by 2 seconds.
- Fire – “Kindling:” Crits from Fireball, Pyroblast, and Inferno Blast reduce your remaining Combustion cooldown by 1 second.
- Frost – “Thermal Void:” Casting Ice Lance extends your Icy Veins by 2 seconds.
- Prismatic Crystal: All specs. Puts a crystal at the targeted location. Only you can attack it and it takes +30% damage from your attacks. Any time it takes damage it instantly releases that damage, splitting it evenly among all enemies within 8 yards.
- The third talent looks interesting, dealing area damage. Fire and Frost can both get an Orbital Bombardment talent, which is just too cool.
- Arcane gets Arcane Orb: Your Arcane Orb travels up to 40 yards doing damage to everything it passes through and it generates an Arcane Charge every time it does damage.
- Fire gets Meteor: Drops a fraggin’ meteor!! Doing damage to an 8 yard area, also burning the ground doing continuous damage to all who remain in the fire.
- Frost gets Comet Storm: Comets! 7 icy comets bombard the target area.
As with the Druid, all of these do different things, depending on your spec. No changes to talent names for the first 6 tiers, so far. Also see the Monk Changes in Warlords.
- Brewmasters get Soul Dance: 30% of your “normal” Stagger now works against magical damage.
- Mistweavers get Breath of the Serpent: Your Jade Serpent Statue breathes healing mists towards you splitting healing to all allies in a 20 yard cone, ticking every 1 second for 10 seconds.
- Windwalkers get Hurricane Strike: You unleash a rapid series of kicks to some enemies in the area and become immune to movement impairing and “loss of control” effects for 3 seconds. This sounds like it’s something like the Rogue’s Killing Spree and could be a pretty awesome talent.
2nd Talent: Chi Explosion costs from 1-4 Chi and does increasing effects depending on how much Chi is used. It has the same name for all specs, though the effects differ. In all cases it replaces your Blackout Kick.
- Brewmaster: 1 Chi: damage an enemy; 2 Chi: gain shuffle for 2 seconds, plus 2 per Chi spent; 3 Chi: purifies your staggered damage; 4 Chi: the damage hits all nearby enemies.
- Mistweaver: 1 Chi: heals an ally; 2 Chi: healed allies get more healing; 3 Chi: also heals allies within 8 yards; 4 Chi: summons 8 healing spheres in a ring around the target. Provides different effects when in the Stance of the Spirited Crane.
- Windwalker: 1 Chi: damage an enemy; 2 Chi: additional damage as a 6 second DOT; 3 Chi: generate a charge of Tigereye Brew; 4 Chi: The damage hits all nearby enemies.
- Brewmaster and Windwalkers both get Serenity: 10 seconds of perfect serenity causes all Chi consumptions to be instantly refilled. 10 seconds of awesomeness on a 90 second cooldown.
- Mistweavers get Pool of Mists: Passive. Both your Renewing Mists and Rising Sun Kicks now have three charges and improved effect.
There a plenty of changes coming for Paladins in Warlords of Draenor.
Talent #1: This looks like a pretty interesting talent.
- Holy, Beacon of Faith: Beacon of Light can now be placed on two targets
- Protection and Retribution get Empowered Seals: Your Seals also cause your Judgment to provide additional effects. This restores some effects that were removed from Judgment awhile back. Each effect lasts 20 seconds.
- J. of Justice speeds you up a bit,
- J. of Insight heals,
- J. of Righteousness increases attack speed,
- J. of Truth increases Attack Power.
- Holy gets Beacon of Insight: You place a Beacon of Insight on an ally which greatly improved your next single target heal directed towards that ally. When consumed, or the target is healed, the beacon moves to the next most injured ally (within 40 yards.)
- Ret & Prot both get Seraphim: Your Haste, Crit, Mastery, MultiStrike, and bonus armor (from gear) all all increased by 30% for 10 seconds, with a 30 second cooldown.
Talent #3: I rather like this one.
- Holy gets Saved by the Light: When your Beacon of Light target drops below 30% you instantly grant them a shield equal to 30% of their health for 10 seconds. You cannot shield the same target twice within one minute.
- Protection can pick Holy Shield: Increases your Block chance by 10% and each block damages the attacker.
- Retribution can takeFinal Verdict: A mighty strike, doing the damage as Holy. Replaces Templar’s Verdict.
There are a bunch of talent changes for Priests. Only the talents that are new or have been replaced are shown here. For all the other changes see our Priests in Warlords post.
The level 15 and 60 talent rows have been swapped.
- Void Tendrils is now a level 60 Talent and is replaced with Desperate Prayer, which will heal you for 22% of your health.
- Psyfiend is dead and has been replaced with Spectral Guise, which lets you becomes a stealthy shadow for 6 seconds while your true form remains behind.
- Angelic Bulwark replaces Dominate Mind, which is now a level 60 talent. Attacks that bring you below 30% trigger a personal absorption field.
- Talent #1:
- Discipline and Holy get Surge of Light: Your healing spells, and Smite, have a chance to make your next Flash Heal free. Can accumulate 2 charges.
- Shadow gets Surge of Darkness: Damage done by both your Vampiric Touch and Devouring Plague has a 10% chance to cause your next Mind Spike not to consume your damage over time effects, be instant, and deal 50% additional damage. Can accumulate up to 3 charges.
- Talent #2: All specs get Mindbender, as before.
- Talent #3: This is basically the same talent as before, but with a new name.
- Discipline and Holy get Power Word: Solace
- Shadow gets Insanity.
- Void Tendrils replaces Desperate Prayer.
- Psychic Scream replaces Spectral Guise.
- Dominate Mind replaces Angelic Bulwark.
Talent 3, Holy keeps Divine Insight, but Shadow and Disc get new talents.
- Shadow gets Shadowy Insight: Your Shadow Word: Pain and Mind Spike damage has a 5% chance to reset the cooldown on Mind Blast and make your next Mind Blast instant.
- Discipline gets Spirit Shell: For the next 10 sec, your Heal, Flash Heal, and Prayer of Healing no longer heal but instead create absorption shields that last 15 sec. 60 sec. cooldown.
- Discipline gets Clarity of Will: Shield the target for 20 sec with a protective ward.
- Holy gets Clarity of Purpose: Heals an ally for up to 100% and heals up to five nearby (within 10 yds) allies for the same amount. Replaces Prayer of Healing. 2.5 sec. cast time.
- Shadow gets Clarity of Power: Your Mind Spike, Mind Sear, and Shadow Word: Death deal 40% additional damage to targets not affected by your Shadow Word: Pain or Vampiric Touch. Also reduces the cooldown on Mind Blast by 3 sec and makes it instant cast.
- Discipline and Holy – Words of Mending: Heals and shields grant you stacks of “Word of Mending.” At ten stacks your next direct heal or shield also casts Prayer of Mending at the same target.
- Shadow – Void Entropy: Consumes up to three Shadow Orbs to do damage over 60 seconds. Could be interesting in all longer fights. Not so hot for short fights (lasts too long,) but nice for duels & bosses.
- Discipline & Holy – Saving Grace: Instantly heal a friendly target for a big chunk of their max health, but your healing done is reduced by 10% for 10 seconds and this stacks up to ten times. Cast this one a few times and you won’t be doing much with the other heals. Might be worth it in some situations, such as when you need a big heal right now” and can afford the lessened heals afterwards.
- Shadow – Auspicious Spirits: Your Shadowy Apparitions grant 1 Shadow Orb instead of doing damage.
All Rogue specs have access to the same talents. Also check out the other Warlords of Draenor Rogue Changes.
The level 75 talent Paralytic Poison will be removed. The new talent will be Internal Bleeding. This will be an additional bleed, based off of your Kidney shot. A successful KS causes the bleed
The level 100 talents:
- Venom Rush: Increases max energy (does this stack with other energy increases?) and increases energy regeneration for each enemy poisoned, up to three. This will mean more Fan of Knives use, I think, except for Combat (since Fan is being removed for Combat.)
- Shadow Reflection summons a shadow that “memorizes” what you do for the next 8 seconds, then replays those strikes on the target. This could be rather cool and could really extend your burst. Will it copy Shadowdance and all the strikes used? If so then this might be brutal in certain situations, especially if you can pop it with all your “on use” cooldowns and trinkets. Don’t expect a PvP target to hang around for all this damage.
- Death From Above empowers your weapons with Shadow Energy. This is a finishing strike (damage is based on your combo points used) which lets you attack all nearby enemies and then leap up and crash down on the main target for Eviscerate + 50% damage. Could be a lot of fun if done right.
As with some of the above, different effects depending on your spec. All of the 15-90 talents are pretty much the same. There are a bunch of other changes coming, so check out our Shaman Changes post.
- Elemental and Enhancement: Elemental Fusion: Your own Lava Burst and Lava Lash abilities increase the damage of your next Shock effect by 75%, stacking twice.
- Restoration: Cloudburst Totem: Summon a Water Totem that will collects and stores power from all healing spells and Multistrikes over 15 seconds. When the totem is done the stored power is released, healing all injured allies within a 40 yard radius for a total of 20% of the amount stored, split evenly among them.
2nd Talent: Storm Elemental Totem, All specs.
- All: Summons an Air Totem (with over 23k health) that calls forth a Storm Elemental which hurls gusts of wind at your enemies for damage. The damage done is returned to all allies within 15 yds, as healing, split evenly among them. Lasts one minute, 5 min. cooldown.
- Elemental and Enhancement: Liquid Magma: Your Fire Totem now spits globs of lava at random targets within 40 yds. every 1 second for 10 seconds. Each glob deals damage to the target and all enemies within 4 yds of the target.
- Restoration: “High Tide.” Chain Heal now bounces to all targets affected by your Riptide and no longer diminishes with each bounce.
- The third talent in this row, Harvest Life, has been replaced with a new talent called Searing Flames for Destruction Warlocks. Searing Flames reduces Ember Tap’s Burning Ember cost by 50%, and increases its healing by 50%.
- Demonic Breath is dead and it’s replaced by the Mists ability, Howl of Terror.
- Grimoire of Sacrifice is no longer available to Demonology Warlocks and has a new talent, Grimoire of Synergy in its place. Destro and Aff both still have Sacrifice.
- Grimoire of Synergy: When the Warlock or their demon deals damage, there is a chance to trigger Demonic Synergy, granting the other one 15% increased damage for 15 seconds.
Level 100 Talents:
- Affliction: Soulburn: Haunt grants Soulburn to your Haunt spell, causing it to provide 20% increased damage to your periodic effects for 30 seconds.
- Demonology: DemonBolt: Launch of ball of demonic energy at the target, dealing Chaos damage. Each Demonbolt amplifies further Demonbolts, each increasing damage by 20% and cost by 100% for 1 min (reduced by Haste,) stacking up to 10 times.
- Destruction: “Charred Remains.” Your Incinerate and Conflagrate do 75% 60%less damage, but generate 200% more Burning Embers. Is that a good trade? Fire and Brimstone can now also affect Chaos Bolt.
2nd talent: Cataclysm: All specs. Create a Cataclysm at the target location, doing shadowflame damage to all targets within 8 yards. Seems like the Go To talent here for everyone who likes to blow things up. Corruption or Immolate are also applied. 1 min cooldown.
3rd talent: Demonic Servitude: All specs. allows you control over your greater demons. You can now summon Doomguards or Infernals as permanent pets. Having one of these following you around will be rather cool.
Have some well named talents here. They just sound right for Warriors. Things look pretty good for Prot., too.
Talent 1: Staggering Shout is dead.
- Arms gets Taste for Blood. Get Rage whenever Rend does damage.
- Fury gets Furious Strikes. Wild Strike costs less Rage.
- Protection gets Heavy Repercussions. Shield Slam does more damage while Shield Block is active.
Talent 2: Piercing Howl is dead and is replaced, for all Warrior specs, by …
- Sudden Death, which causes auto-attack hits to have a 10% chance to make the next Execute free and useable on any target, regardless of health level. These Executes do not consume additional Rage to deal additional damage.
Talent 3: Disrupting Shout is dead. The replacement talents are:
- Arms: Slam: Slam an opponent, causing 100% weapon damage. Each consecutive use of Slam increases the damage dealt by 50% and Rage cost by 100%, stacking twice. Requires Battle Stance.
- Fury: Unquenchable Thirst: Bloodthirst no longer has a cooldown.
- Protection: Unyielding Strikes: Devastate reduces the cost of Heroic Strike by 6 Rage for 6 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Once this effect reaches 5 applications, its duration will no longer refresh.
The level 60 talent Bladestorm is now a level 90 talent and replaces Shockwave.
The level 90 talent Storm Bolt is now a level 60 talent and replaces Bladestorm
The Level 100 Talents:
- Talent 1: Anger Management. All specs. Every 15 rage that you spend reduces the remaining cooldown of a number of abilities abilities by 1 sec.
- Talent 2: Ravager: Throw a whirling axe at a location that does damage to all enemies within 8 yards every 1 second for 10 seconds. Also increases your Parry chance by 30% for the duration.
- 3rd Talent
Arms & Fury get Siege Breaker: Slam the target with your weapon and knock him back and down (for 1 sec.) Replaces Intimidating Shout.
- Protection has Gladiator’s Resolve: Defensive stance damage reduction is improved by 5%. Can choose to go “offensive” by replacing Battle Stance with Gladiator’s Stance. This increases physical damage by 20% and replaces Shield Block with Shield Charge. Raise your shield (a shield is required) and do a short charge towards your opponent. It increases the damage of Shield Slam, Revenge, and Heroic Strike by 30% for 6 seconds. You cannot change in and out of this stance during combat.
- 3rd Talent
See WoWhead’s talent calculator here, it was the source for all of the above.
does no-one see how overpowered the rogue copy talent will be – if it synergizes with blades than that can be 90% of someone’s hp down with the first burst; followed up by that will be an easy kill.
Having two level 90 Rogues I don’t see the problem here. 😉 Seriously though, I don’t think the talent will survive in this form. If nothing else it will certainly get some well defined restrictions. Also, keep in mind that your opponent usually won’t be sitting there for the next 16 seconds while you replay everything on him. He’ll be leaping, bubbling, or whatever to escape and you’ll have to stick to him and not get stunned yourself. I expect that a Rogue’s over all “kill power” will be pretty similar to what it is now.
Should be a pretty nice talent for PvE though.
That crystal thing for the Mage sounds op, could drop it at start of arena with a dk, dg enemy to it and burst like crazy
Yeah, you may be right. But I think that it, and most of the others, will undergo some major changes between now and release.
Pingback: Leveling from 90 to 100 - GotWarcraft.com
Pingback: Warlords of Draenor Dev Q&A Roundup - GotWarcraft.com
Pingback: The Level 100 Talents for Warlords of Draenor |...
Pingback: Warlords of Draenor, New Talents, and Player Garrisons! » The Azeroth Cookbook